Aug 27, 2009

Intro to hiking in Caucasus, July - August 2009


My son and my daughter had decided to come to Georgia for hiking together with their girlfriend and boyfriend and two of my son’s friends.

Due to wedding and an important symposium they were not able to arrive at exately the same time, but we managed to set a program for the hiking where we all could join for the most important part: Hiking in famous upper Svaneti area.

First arrived my son and we went up the Georgian Military Highway to Kazbegi, the last town before the road crosses the border to Russia.

As soon as my daughter arrived we took the long travel to Svaneti, for the 6 days hiking in the area.

After my son had left my daughter, her boyfriend and I again went up the Georgian Military Highway this time to Gudauri the Georgian ski resort in the Caucasus.

The map shows our trekking route in Svaneti: Mestia → Zhabeshi → Adishi → Iprali → Ushguli → Shkhara Glacier.

No comments: